Sunday, 19 August 2012

Traumatic death of a cat

After possibly the most traumatic experience of my life (my life hasnt been to traumatic) I felt angry, confused and upset. I came home to find my cat drenched. I thought she may have just fell in the pond so I grabbed a towel, dried her off, put the fire on to keep her warm and wrapped her in a blanket and sat with her thinking all was still well. About half an hour passed and thats when the fits started. For those reading this that haven\\\'t seen a cat go into a fit at all I truly hope you never have to. Seeing any other being in the pain my cat was in that night would have a serious effect on even the most sound of mind. The first fit wasn\\\'t to bad but gradually the fits got worse and more frequent over the next hour or 2. One of which the cat accidentally bit my index finger whilst trying to grab onto the blanket to ease her own pain I guess. Eventually I had to take her to the vets. After being sedated for a day and a half the cat died. The vet informed me the cause must have been poisening. Most likely the liquid that she was covered in but as it was odurless the only other liquid it could have been but water was antifreeze.

As this cat never seemed to venture outside my street I now have a horrible feeling that one of my neighbours had tried to drown my cat in antifreeze.

I can not start to understand a mind that would do such a thing. What could drive a person to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment